Fulltext

Diagnostic and Prognostic role of CA125 with patients of ovarian cancer .

التشخيص والنذير دور CA125 مع المرضى من سرطان المبيض.

Sheimaa Zuheir Jalal

The Medical Journal of Tikrit مجلة تكريت الطبية
ISSN: 16831813 Year: 2012 Volume: 18- 2 ج2 Issue: 182 Pages: 287-295
Publisher: Tikrit University جامعة تكريت

Abstract

To evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic significant of CA125 test , within a fallow up of three months , and its role for monitoring response to treatment by chemotherapy . To evaluate serum C-reactive protein (CRP) as a prognostic variable in patients with ovarian cancer . This study was conducted in Mosul . Iraq from January 2007 through July 2009 . A sample of 44 consecutive women aged from (35-55 years) and suffering from ovarian cancer with control group of 45 women were included in this study . A pre-tested questionnaire was employed to obtain information on family history to this disease , laporatomy treatment if present , asking for benign disease of the uterus , liver and gastro intestinal tract and benign tumors of ovaries & uterus if present specially for control group . Physical examination by C.T. scans and ultra sounds were then done . Blood samples were collected for 89 women and measurement of CA125 and CRP were performed . Serum from 44 patients participant were analyzed for CA125 and CRP before and after treatment with chemotherapy and laporatomy if present at three months interval for fallow up mean ± SD for these patients before chemotherapy course was 78.42 ± 14.6 U/ml for CA125 in which CRP concentration for 37 patients of this group at the same period of time was 96 mg/dl 84.1% (group 1) and the remainder 7 patients was 48 mg/dl 15.9 % (group 2) . There was a significant differences for CA125 value in patients before therapy and according to period of therapy at P<0.01 . CRP concentration was 96 mg/dl still high after one month of chemotherapy , its value was decrease in the second and third month of chemotherapy . Preoperative determination of CA125 may play a good role the prognosis of post operative chemotherapy . It may be useful to included this test in the diagnosis of ovarian cancer with the help of physical examination in future .

لتقييم مهمة التشخيص والنذير من CA125 الاختبار، حتى داخل البور من ثلاثة أشهر، ودورها للاستجابة للعلاج من رصد العلاج الكيميائي. لتقييم مصل البروتين المتفاعل C-(CRP) كمتغير النذير في المرضى الذين يعانون من سرطان المبيض. وقد أجريت هذه الدراسة في الموصل. العراق من يناير 2007 حتى يوليو 2009. وشمل عينة من 44 امرأة تتراوح أعمارهم بين متتالية (35-55 سنة) ويعاني من سرطان المبيض مع مجموعة التحكم من 45 امرأة في هذه الدراسة. كان يعمل استبيان ما قبل اختبار للحصول على معلومات عن تاريخ العائلة في هذا laporatomy علاج المرض، إذا كان موجودا، وطلب لمرض حميدة من الجهاز الرحم والكبد والمعدة والأمعاء أورام حميدة في المبيض والرحم إذا كان موجودا خصيصا لمجموعة المراقبة. الفحص البدني بواسطة C.T. ثم أجريت عمليات الفحص والأصوات المتطرفة. تم جمع عينات من الدم لل89 امرأة وقياس CA125 وأجريت CRP. وقد تم تحليل المصل من المرضى المشاركين 44 لCA125 وCRP قبل وبعد العلاج مع العلاج الكيميائي وlaporatomy إذا كان موجودا في فترة الأشهر الثلاثة لتصل البور يعني ± SD لهؤلاء المرضى قبل العلاج الكيميائي 78.42 ± بالطبع كان 14،6 U / مل لتركيز CRP CA125 التي لكان 37 مريضا من هذه المجموعة في نفس الفترة الزمنية 96 ملغ / دل 84.1٪ (المجموعة 1) والباقي 7 مرضى هو 48 ملغ / دل 15.9٪ (المجموعة 2). كان هناك فروق ذات دلالة إحصائية لقيمة CA125 في المرضى قبل العلاج وفقا لفترة من العلاج في P <0.01. كان تركيز CRP قيمته 96 في ملغ / دل لا يزال مرتفعا بعد شهر واحد من العلاج الكيميائي، وانخفاض في الشهر الثاني والثالث من العلاج الكيميائي. قد عزم قبل الجراحة من CA125 تلعب دورا جيدا في تشخيص العلاج الكيميائي بعد العملية. قد يكون من المفيد إدراج هذا الاختبار في تشخيص سرطان المبيض بمساعدة الفحص البدني في المستقبل