research centers


Search results: Found 2

Listing 1 - 2 of 2
Sort by

Article
MRI finding versus arthroscopic finding regarding ACL injury

Journal: Muthanna Medical Journal مجلة المثنى الطبية ISSN: 2226146x Year: 2015 Volume: 2 Issue: 1 Pages: 10-14
Publisher: Al-Muthanna University جامعة المثنى

Loading...
Loading...
Abstract

Abstract 25 patients, 20 male patients and 5 female patients with knee joint injury, all of them with single knee joint injury. 25 knee joints are examined during this study, all patients are perform MRI in different centers send with report of the MRI from expert radiologist. They perform arthroscopy in Al Sadder medical city from January 2013 – October 2014. The aim of this study is to confirmed or unconfirmed ACL injury after clinical examination and MRI which they perform to them either in our center or other centers. The majority of ACL injuries 70% occur while playing agility sports, and the most often reported sports are football. About 70% of ACL injuries are sustained through noncontact mechanisms, while the remaining 30% result from direct contact. The aim of this study is to assess the diagnostic value and compare the accuracy (sensitivity and specificity) of MRI to arthroscopic finding regarding the ACL injury.

Keywords

MRI --- ACL injury --- Radiologist


Article
Management of gagging patient during intra–oral posterior region radiography

Author: Anas A Mohammad
Journal: Al-Rafidain Dental Journal مجلة الرافدين لطب الأسنان ISSN: 18121217 Year: 2003 Volume: 3 Issue: 1 Pages: 1-6
Publisher: Mosul University جامعة الموصل

Loading...
Loading...
Abstract

The aim of this study is to determine the relation of gag reflex with sex of the patient and the region of the radiograph during intra–oral radiographic technique. The study also shows the difference in the management of gagger patient by the radiologist than the dental student as operator. A sample of 115 students from College of Dentistry, University of Mosul; their ages 20–26 years were examined radiographically for their wisdom teeth condition. The females show higher incidence of gag reflex than males and in the maxillary region than the mandibular one. The right side of the patient shows high percentage of gag reflex than the left side. The results also reveal that the management of the radiologist to the gagger patient (by experience and several technical and instruction steps) shows successful results in resolving the gagging problem (96.2%).

Listing 1 - 2 of 2
Sort by
Narrow your search

Resource type

article (2)


Language

English (2)


Year
From To Submit

2015 (1)

2003 (1)