research centers


Search results: Found 4

Listing 1 - 4 of 4
Sort by

Article
Serological and molecular detection of parvovirus b19 in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia

Authors: Mazin F. Al-Jadiry --- Shatha F. Abdullah شذى فاروق --- Iqbal M. Abdullah
Journal: Journal of the Faculty of Medicine مجلة كلية الطب ISSN: 00419419 Year: 2014 Volume: 56 Issue: 3 Pages: 318-321
Publisher: Baghdad University جامعة بغداد

Loading...
Loading...
Abstract

Background: Human parvovirus B19 (B19V) is the only human pathogenic parvovirus, It is highly erythrotropic and preferentially replicates in erythroid progenitor cells (EPCs). Recently the effects of B19 infection have been well studied in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Objective: To detect parvovirus B19 among children with ALL.Methods: A cross sectional study involved forty five patients with ALL (21 patients were newly diagnosed ALL and 24 children who underwent chemotherapy) who were attending department of oncology in Children's Welfare Teaching Hospital in Baghdad Medical City between December 2012 and April 2013, compared to forty five of apparently healthy children as a control group, age and sex were matched. A serological and molecular detection of parvovirus B19 were done using enzyme linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA) and Real-time PCR.Results: B19-IgM, IgG and DNA were detected in study cases as (15.6%, 40% and 13.3%) compared to control group (4.4%, 13 % and 0%) respectively. B19-IgG and B19-IgM were detected in newly diagnosed cases in (41.7% and 19.05%) as well as in (38.1% and 12. 5%) of cases on chemotherapy respectively, all cases with B19-DNA signals were underwent chemotherapy (25%) with mean viral load of (36x104 copies/ml).Conclusion: children who suffering from ALL are at increased risk of B19 infection. Notable percentage of persistent B19 infection was recorded among children with ALL who are receiving ongoing treatment.Key words: parvovirus B19, acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), real time PCR.


Article
THE SEROPOSITIVITY OF PARVOVIRUS B19 AMONG KIDNEY TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTS

Authors: Zainab A. Hlail زينب علي هليل --- Ahmed S. Abdulamir احمد صاحب عبد الامير --- Ali J.H. Al-Saedi علي جاسم الساعدي
Journal: IRAQI JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES المجلة العراقية للعلوم الطبية ISSN: P16816579,E22244719 Year: 2017 Volume: 15 Issue: 1 Pages: 88-93
Publisher: Al-Nahrain University جامعة النهرين

Loading...
Loading...
Abstract

Background: Parvovirus B19 (PV-B19) is a single strand DNA virus that is responsible for causing several diseases in humans. Parvovirus B19 induced persistent anemia or/and pancytopenia or/and reticulocyteopenia in renal transplant recipients (RTRs).Objective:To find out any association between PV-B19 reactivation / primary infections with abnormal renal function tests, and post-transplantation period in renal transplant patients.Methods:A quality enzyme linked immunosorbent assay technique was applied for detection of anti-human PV-B19 IgM (DRG-Germany) and IgG (DRG- Germany) in sera of 50 renal transplant recipients followed up for three successive months and 50 normal were collected from the Center of Kidney Diseases and Transplantation in the Medical City of Baghdad and Al-Khayal Hospital and other many private laboratories, Iraq, during the period from August 2015 till February 2016. The age was ranged from 11-57 years.Results:This prospective study included fifty renal transplant recipients with fifty subjects as a control group. The mean ± standard deviation of ages for RTRs was 32.90 ±12.76, which was comparable to that of healthy controls mean 34.02 ± 14.23 ranging for both RTRs and control group between 11-57 years old. Thirty five (70%) RTR aged less than 40 years, and the remaining fifteen (30%) were above 40 years old, and 38/50 (76%) of these RTRs were males. Seropositivity rate in control was 2/50 (4%) but seropositivity rate in patients was 10% (5 cases) and 10% (5 cases) as turning positive for an individual occurrence of human PV-B19 IgM alone at P value = 0.0299 and 9/50 (18%) from control positive for IgG, while 60% (30 cases) for a similar individual rate of positive human parvovirus B19 IgG at P value < 0.0001.Conclusion:The human PV-B19 infection rate was significantly higher among renal transplant recipients than normal controls. Infections correlated with abnormal renal functions tests, and which may in turn cause anemia and/or reticulocytopenia.Keywords: Parvovirus-B19, anemia, reticulocytopenia, renal transplant recipients, ELISA


Article
Detection of Human Parvovirus B19 antibodies in Pregnant Women with Spontaneous Abortion
الكشف عن الاجسام المضادة نوع IgM و IgG للبارفو الإنسان B19 في النساء الحوامل المجهاضات تلقائيا

Author: Areej A. Hussein اريج عطية
Journal: Journal of the Faculty of Medicine مجلة كلية الطب ISSN: 00419419 Year: 2016 Volume: 58 Issue: 1 Pages: 80-84
Publisher: Baghdad University جامعة بغداد

Loading...
Loading...
Abstract

Background: Viral infection in pregnancy is known to cause many problems such as fetal malformation; growth restriction and even fetal death; the relationship between viral infection and abortions is not well understood. The infection during pregnancy can affect the fetus due to lack of mother's immunity.Objective: To assess the frequency of human parvovirus B19-specific antibody type IgM and IgG among pregnant women with spontaneous abortion.Patients and Methods: A semi-quantitative enzyme linked immunosorbent assay technique was applied for detection of anti-human parvovirus B19 IgM (Ridascreen-K6031-Germany) and IgG (Ridascreen -K6021- Germany) in sera of 90 pregnant women who have previously experienced abortion were collected from Al-Batool teaching hospital for maternity and children in Baquba-Diyala province, Iraq, during the period from October 2014 till May 2015. The age was ranged from 18-40 years. Statistical analysis was performed by using statistical package of social sciences, version-16, and P-value of < 0.05 as significant difference. Results: Among study group the mean age was 26.57 years, with an age range 18-40 years. Seropositivity rate was 11.11% (10 cases) for an individual occurrence of human parvovirus B19 IgM alone and 13.33% (12 cases) for a similar individual rate of human parvovirus B19 IgG, while 6 cases (6.66%) had both types of antibodies. Multiple variables regarding occurrence of anti-human parvovirus B 19 specific IgM and IgG antibody simultaneously, was evaluated, and none the variables had significant difference. Conclusion: The fact that 31.11% of studied participants had specific Parvovirus B19 antibody revealed a high occurrence of primary acute parvovirus infection and non-immune against parvovirus B19. Considering the potential role of this virus in abortion and fetal death, it emphasizes the importance of Parvovirus infection in pregnant women also this finding is comparable with that in the other countries.Key word: Pregnant women, Abortion, Human parvovirus B19, ELISA.

خلفية الدراسة : تعد العدوى الفايروسية أثناء الحمل من المسببات الشائعة اذ تسبب العديد من المشاكل مثل تشوه الجنين. تقييد النمو وحتى وفاة الجنين. العلاقة بين العدوى الفايروسية والإجهاض ليست مفهومة جيدا. البارفو البشري هو عدوى فايروسية شائعة جدا. أثناء الحمل يمكن أن يؤثر على الجنين بسبب عدم وجود مناعة الأم.الهدف من الدراسىة: تقييم مدى انتشار الأجسام المضادة المحددة للبارفو البشري B19 في النساء الحوامل المجهاضات تلقائيا.المرضى والطرق العمل: تم استخدام اختبار ارتباط الخميرة للامتزاز المناعي شبه الكمي للكشف عن الأجسام المضادة المحددة للبارفو البشري B19 في مصل 90 من النساء الحوامل اللاتي تعرضن سابقا للاجهاض من مستشفى آلبتول التعليمي للطفولة و الأمومة في مدينة بعقوبة, محافظة ديالى، العراق، خلال الفترة من تشرين الاول 2014 حتى مايس 2015. وترواحت الفئات العمرية بين 18-40 عاما. تم إجراء التحليل الإحصائي باستخدام الحزمة الإحصائية للعلوم الاجتماعية، الإصدار 16، وقيمة المتغير pتكون ذات دلالة احصائية < 0.05.النتائج: بين مجموعة الدراسة كان متوسط أعمار النساء 26.57 سنة ، وكان معدل الاستجابة للاجسام المضادة نوع IgM 11.11٪ (10 حالات) و 13.33٪ (12 حالة) لالبارفو البشري B19 نوع IgG ، في حين كانت 6 حالات (6.66٪) موجبة لكلا النوعين من الاجسام المضادة، بينت النتائج الاحصائية بعدم وجود علاقة ذات دلالة احصائية بين متغيرات متعددة وحالات البارفو البشري B 19 .الاستنتاج: أن 31.11٪ في المئة من المشاركات كانو حاملين للاجسام المضادة للبارفو البشري B19 كشف ارتفاع معدل انتشار العدوى الحادة والمزمنة الأساسي البارفو. هذا دليل على أن نسبة عالية من النساء الحوامل وربما تكون غير محصنة. الكلمات المفتاحية: النساء الحوامل، والإجهاض، B19 البارفو البشري، ELISA


Article
5.DETECTION OF PARVOVIRUS B19 IN BAD OBSTETRIC HISTORY BY USING REAL TIME PCR

Loading...
Loading...
Abstract

Background: Human parvovirus B19 (B19V) is a small single-stranded DNA virus. Infection during pregnancy can cause a variety of signs of fetal damage. The risk of adverse fetal outcome is increased if maternal infection occurs during the first two trimesters of pregnancy but may also happen during the third trimester.Objective: to determine the screen of parvovirus B19 in pregnant women with bad obstetric history by real time polymerase chain reaction (PCR).Methods: Two hundred Plasma and 200 placental tissue samples were collected from all pregnant women enrolled in this study. Three ml whole blood was collected in sterile EDTA-blood tube. Plasma was obtained by centrifugation of whole blood. Twenty-five grams of the placental tissue was homogenized with 10 ml of PBS by using tissue homogenizer for about 1 min at 4 °C. Results: 40 (20%) out of 200 plasma samples were real time PCR positive, the remainder 160 (80%) were real time PCR negative. Nineteen (9.5%) out of 200 placental tissue samples were positive for B19 real time PCR the remainder 181 (90.5 %) were real time PCR negative. All placental tissue positive (n=19) were positive by real- time PCR in plasma samples (n=40). Out of 40 pregnant women presented with positive parvoviruses results in current study demonstrated 21 (52.5%) gave abortion in first trimester and only 8 (20%) gave abortion in second trimester.Conclusion: Parvovirus B19 is common and highly distributed among pregnant ladies in this study and there is a significant association between B19 positivity and adverse pregnancy outcome.Keywords: Parvovirus B19, bad obstetric history, adverse pregnancy outcome, non-immune hydrops fetalisCitation: Abdulhassan LF, Hathal HD, Abdullah TH. Detection of Parvovirus B19 in bad obstetric history by using Real Time PCR. Iraqi JMS. 2017; Vol. 15(4): 350-357. doi: 10.22578/IJMS.15.4.5

Listing 1 - 4 of 4
Sort by
Narrow your search

Resource type

article (4)


Language

English (4)


Year
From To Submit

2017 (2)

2016 (1)

2014 (1)